From Cloud Computing and AI to Data Science, DevOps and IoT, technology is driving innovation across our company. You’ll be on the front lines of transformation, building solutions that reflect and better serve our customers, partners and communities. You’ll join a culture that represents a new vision for what a tech community should be—welcoming, supportive and equitable.
Our Black Insurance Professionals Network offers opportunities for professional and leadership development, mentoring and interaction with members of our Executive and Senior Leadership teams. And we offer health and well-being support, including comprehensive benefits and flexible work environment.
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
Personal Lines IT is seeking a Senior Scrum Master for an agile team working on one of our customer facing digital assets. Reporting to the Personal Lines IT Director, the Senior Scrum Master will coach the agile team to adopt principles and practices intended to increase their productivity, responsiveness, and quality.
Partners with the Digital Product Owner, IT and Business leadership to form execution delivery plans, remove impediments, and manage escalations as appropriate.
- Supports and facilitates by fostering Agile values, principles, and practices. Provides coaching to the team and acts as a role model for servant leadership.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize throughput and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders.
- Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team. Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused.
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team.
- Facilitate team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Arranges daily stand-up meetings, facilitates/schedules meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- No direct managerial accountability at this time
- Matrixed reporting, provides coaching/feedback to ensure team success
- Experience playing the Senior Scrum Master role for software development teams for 3+ years
- First level Scrum Master certification desired (CSM, PSM I)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual who is able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal guidance and direction
- Must be able to effectively prioritize and assign work in order to meet deadlines
Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of an Organization
- Must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and mentoring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a large audience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques such as: TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
Experience or Exposure of leading software development teams in technologies such as Java, and Mobile frameworks including Bootstrap and AngularJS
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Remote candidates welcome
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age